The Pupillage Gateway is a flexible and cost-effective way for Authorised Education and Training Organisations (AETOs) to advertise pupillages and manage applications – making it easier than ever before to run a modern, online, recruitment process.
Operated and owned by the Bar Council, the Gateway collates all applications into one centralised system so that you can track the progress of each candidate’s application, with assistance at every stage of the process. It has a bespoke design with improved functionality to support the high-volume application process for pupillage.
Key features of the Pupillage Gateway:
- An easy-to-navigate system
- The opportunity to edit pupillage vacancies
- The facility to create entirely bespoke questions with word count adjustment
- An online marking system to assess applications on-screen and manage each application as it is received
- A clear progress map of each candidate’s journey towards recruitment
- The ability to shortlist candidates for first and second round interviews with the option of creating interview slots or allowing candidates to log onto the system to book their interviews
- An email template to communicate updates to candidates at each stage of the process. The template can be edited and tailored to individual candidates
- The capability to view aggregated equal opportunities monitoring data online and offline. The data can be broken down according to the stage that each candidate has reached
- The system and software have been verified as compliant with the GDPR and the Data Protection Bill 2018. The Gateway terms have been updated to reflect this fact.
The Gateway is fully compliant with the Bar Standards Board’s regulations on equality and goes further by assisting chambers with best practice.
For just £850 plus VAT you can access the high-quality Pupillage Gateway and use the central application system. There is no cost to applicants, or to chambers which are advertising vacancies only.
Subscribing to the Pupillage Gateway has never been easier. Just follow this two-step process:
Step 1: Please contact the Services Team on 020 7611 1321 to make payment over the phone by credit or debit card or to receive an invoice. If you would prefer to pay by cheque then please make payable to ‘The General Council of the Bar’ and send to Services, The General Council of the Bar, 289-293 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HZ. The total amount payable is £850 plus VAT.
Step 2: If you are new to the system this year, you will need to complete the AETO Account Information Form and return it to the Bar Council by email. On receipt of payment confirmation from step 1, the Bar Council’s Services team will activate your account and login details will be issued to you by email.
If you are not planning on using the Pupillage Gateway to manage applications but still need to advertise, complete the AETO Account Information Form and the Vacancy Information Form and email them to the Bar Council in advance of the deadline stated on the recruitment timetable. You will receive a confirmation email indicating that your advertisement has been published once this has been done.
Download a sample of the Pupillage Gateway application form here.